Areas of performance:
Bank regulations, Financial transactions, Insurance, Re-insurance and Contracts.
Specialization in Fintech Business and Regulation, Harvard University, 2019.
Post-graduation in Corporate Structures and Operations, Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV), 2018.
Specialization in International Investment Law, King`s College, London, 2014.
Specialization in Insurance and Re-Insurance Law, Fundação Getúlio Vargas (FGV), 2016.
Specialization in International Law (EAD), California Southern University, 2012.
Post-Graduation in Civil Procedural Law, PUC, 2009.
Specialization in Copyright Laws, FGV, 2009.
Post-Graduation in Public Law, Faculdade Damásio de Jesus, 2004.
Bachelor of Law, Universidade Paulista, 2003.
Portuguese and English.
- Daniel Alvarenga is partner of Franco Advogados andhead of the IT and Internet areas.
- He is a lawyer with over 20 years of experience in corporate law and solid experience in regulatory matters. He has extensive experience in issues related to financial technology and in legal advice for foreign companies to do business in Brazil, as well as in advising Brazilian companies, who want to do business abroad.
- In addition to advising fintechs and insurtechs, Daniel Alvarenga provides free mentoring for start-ups and is a member of the Brazilian Central Bank working group for the implementation of Open Banking Brasil (Open Financial System) and PIX (Brazilian Instant Payment System).
- Author of the book “Credit Fintechs: Commented Legal Regulation”, published by Editora Quartier Latin, and several articles on topics related to financial technology, including:
- For Jornal Valor Econômico: Regulation of fintechs promotes innovation; Fintechs Credit Innovations; Regulatory Sandbox and the right in favor of fintechs and Insurance Sandbox: opportunity to improve competition.
- For Jota Magazine: PIX – new payment system, in progress, in the midst of the crisis; Governance of Open Banking Brazil and its Implementation Process and Challenges for Implementing Open Banking in Brazil